9.08.2005

does it count as prostitution if your pimp is not-for-profit?

Liz, my Boston correspondent, stumbled across this brilliant posting on craigslist Boston.

For every first-date that I go on as a result of posting this, I will donate $50 to the American Red Cross. I'll do it through work, and my employer will match my contribution... so just by going out with me once you are helping to donate $100 to the Hurricaine Katrina Disaster Relief Fund.

So even if you end up hating me, think I'm rude, fat, ugly, boring, smell bad, and the thought of going on a second date with me sends chills up your spine and makes you want to puke*, you can sleep soundly knowing you've done your part to support victims of what is likely the worst natural disaster to hit America since the founding of our country.

In all seriousness, I hope to raise a fair bit of money doing this. I have several friends who lived in New Orleans who lost their homes and most of what they owned last weekend.

A bit about me: I'm 26 (as of a week ago), 5'10", 165lbs. (in shape... make it to the gym a bunch), have brown hair and eyes, have a job, and have a picture I will send when you send me yours. As much as this is a way to help victims of the hurricaine, I am also looking to meet someone I really click with, so only write back if you're single and at least interested in the possibility of a serious relationship (no pressure, though... I'm about the most laid back guy you'll ever meet).

-Dave

* Note: I am not rude, fat, ugly, or boring... and I promise I smell fantastic.


As McDonald's would like me to say, I'm lovin' this. I doubt Dave (inability to spell "hurricane" aside) is interested in trekking down to NYC for a date... the transportation cost alone would sort of negate all the good he'd like to do. But I'll be up in Boston next weekend, and Liz has floated Dave's way the tempting offer that he can go out with both of us at once in exchange for him upping his donation to $200. We'll see if anything comes of this.

And no, while Liz is very pretty, I don't think there will be anything going on that, say, a God-fearing Republican wouldn't approve of.

1 comment:

J Rubelez said...

"friends are like angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"