9.06.2005

musicgeekery

let's take a break from my Katrina obsession for some fun with memes.

Total volume of music files on my computer: 3561 songs, aka 14.99 gigs, aka 9.8 days of continuous music. approximately two-thirds of which I have never listened to.

The last CD I bought: I have this very music-obsessed friend, and I am in turn obsessed with introducing him to new music. The last ten CDs I bought have all been for him, and without fail he's already heard of them. Most recent: The Notwist, "Neon Golden." He hadn't heard it. He liked it. Score!

Song playing right now:It's 3:27am and my apartment has thin walls. I am rocking out to the sweet strains of my air conditioner. 73 degrees, low fan, baby.

Five songs I listen to a lot these days: According to iTunes, my top five most played songs are:
1. "Winter" by Joshua Radin
2. "Our Way To Fall" by Yo La Tengo
3. "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie
4. "July, July" by The Decemberists
5. "If I Could Turn Back Time" by Cher
As Ernie says, one of these things is not like the others. Also in heavy rotation: "Too Drunk to Fuck" by Nouvelle Vague. Highly recommended.

Quantification frame courtesy of Leila.

No comments: