2.26.2006

toe pick! Toe Pick! TOE PICK!

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. If you are anyone who is anyone you love passionately and appreciate the genius of the 1992 piece of cinematic genius The Cutting Edge, which is about a talented but difficult figure skater (played by the actress who is and always will be Mandy from The West Wing) whose heart is melted by her new skating partner, a failed hockey player from the wrong side of the tracks. This movie kicks ass, in the way that only low budget romantic comedy/sports movies from the early nineties can. It briefly occupied a space on my friendster "favorite movies" list, though it was at a certain point replaced by Logan's Run.

So, with that as prefix, a list of facts:

  • Fact: Today is Sunday.
  • Fact: I am bored.
  • Fact: I am watching ABC Family, because Fox has fucking NASCAR on and is usurping all my fave Sunday shows, and ABC Family has Robin Hood: Men in Tights on, and also I am too lazy to pick up the remote, which is all the way over by the actual TV itself.
  • Fact: There was just a commercial on for the fact that The Cutting Edge will be on ABC Family on March 12th.
  • Fact: WHICH WILL BE FOLLOWED BY THE WORLD PREMIERE OF THE CUTTING EDGE 2: GO FOR THE GOLD.
  • Fact: Which stars Kristy Carlson Romano, the chick from Even Stevens, whose name I have to admit I did not have to look up on IMDB, because of my mild obsession with Even Stevens a few years ago, and the plot appears to be pretty much identical to the original except that instead of being an ex-hockey player, her new partner is an ex-inline skater, because that way it is COOL and RELVANT TO YOUNG PEOPLE and oh my god i am so excited.

What, supersleuth gumshoes, can we synthesize from these facts? Here is what: March 12, 2006, will likely go down as the greatest day in the history of mankind. I'm not really even sure how to cope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got a great sit-spin...