12.18.2006

let's all give joshua a warm welcome

rsgo received its 21,757th visitor earlier this morning. this is not in and of itself a terribly big deal, except that my highly sophisticated faithful-rsgo-reader stalking abilities (aka my sitemeter page) indicates that this particular visitor found me by way of doing a google blog search for "Joshua Foer."

zomg, as the kids say. avid helen-watchers know that Joshua is My Favorite Foer (sidenote: i would so watch that sitcom), and since this particular user of google blog search lives in Brooklyn (i might or might not have googlemaps'd the lat/long, and i might or might not be horrified at my own stalkerdom), i am going to wildly assert that the user was My Favorite Foer himself!

hello, Joshua! welcome to rsgo! we like you here, for no real reason except that we have a mild dislike for both The New Republic and your middle brother's horribly craptastic second book-slash-insistent clinging to his middle name, and also in your publicity photo you look kind of like my cousin adam.

additionally i would like to posit that it would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY AMAZING if there were t-shirts (a la Team Aniston/Team Jolie et al.) that read team joshua, team franklin, and team jonathan safran, because i am going to assume that everyone else in the world also has a Favorite Foer. (for the alliterati among you, and so as not to cause confusion with Foer père, perhaps we can call it a Favorite Foer Frère.)

i might have to make those t-shirts a reality. oh my god. i am really really excited.

8 comments:

Marcin said...

Have you been drinking dear? At four in the afternoon?

jiggs said...

I also sell the t-shirts via my blog. Technically I should say "our blog" being that it's me and my friends' blog, but "our" would be confusing given that you are not a part of that blog.

your creepy pal, kitteninasandwich

Anonymous said...

Please send this message to Jonathan: Everything is Illuminated was the most overrated pretentious piece of shit randomness i have ever read. Ultimately a 24 year old kid has nothing useful to say about the Holocaust. Bizarre self-reference and "funny" incorrect English grammar beat that point home. The sad thing is you probably have let your apparent acclaim get to your head and think you are the shit. But there is a world out there of rational people who correctly recognize that you are nothing. Go to law school and become a tax lawyer or something.

fortune said...

tee-hee. i heart bklyn so much, don't you? but what about those of us who being a tad political are actually fond of foer the elder, that ol' anti-war spokespere?

Leila said...

I have to say, I'm kind of on Team Franklin. Given the recent near-unreadable nature of The Nation, it just might be my favorite pinko rag. Yeah, I said "pinko rag."

Sophie said...

I will have to go with Jonathan on this one.

Marc Fishman said...

What I enjoy most about your blog is that after reading an entry not only do I feel dumber, I also feel like I'm one of those weird guys who laughs at inside jokes he's far removed from...

jaring pengaman said...

The article posted was very informative and useful
thanks for sharing..
jaring futsal | jaring golf | jaring kassa / jaring polynet | jaring pengaman proyek | jaring pengaman bangunan | jaring pengaman gedung | jaring gawang | jaring paranet / jaring tanaman | jaring safety |
jaring proyek | jaring bangunan | jaring gedung | jaring outbound | jaring truk | tali tambang |
jaring pengaman | jaring golf murah | jaring futsal murah | jaring truk sawit | jaring pengaman nylon | cargo net |