2.12.2007

oh so grand

things my grandmother said to me yesterday, while i was in florida visiting her:

  • upon telling her i don't want to go to law school ever: "i guess if you want to be ordinary, your grandfather and i will still love you."

  • "does your boyfriend still love you even though you're fat?"
    suggested rejoinder, courtsey of My Mother: "does grandpa still love you even though you're stupid?"

  • "if you get pregnant, don't tell me. have an abortion and pretend it never happened."


mm. family.

7 comments:

EL said...

Mmm, conditional love. Awesome. Also, Grams needs to realize that while you may potentially someday become fat, you will never, ever be ordinary.

-j. said...

I can just imagine her "finding a nickel" behind your ear in your younger days, except instead of a nickel it would be more faults in your character.

Tyler said...

In response to the abortion...

"I already did!"

Leila said...

Oh. My. God. I'm very impressed that your grandmother has conveniently discarded the "passive" portion of passive-aggression.

Anonymous said...

What amuses me is the notion that going to law school somehow makes people extraordinary.

Celisse said...

Grammie needs a beatdown. Just sayin.

Bearette24 said...

law school is not that great. you are wise not to go!