6.07.2007

amazing awesome incredible rsgo news

faithful rsgo reader (and oh-so-talented illustrator) marc, of the brilliantly-named Unshaven Comics, has decided that i am his muse.

or, more accurately, my inability to do anything without turning it into a major episode of navel-gazing is his muse.

to that end, he's informed me that he's making a comic strip based on rsgo. i'm sure it doesn't take much effort to imagine the heights (or would that be depths?) of egotism that this elevates (sinks) me to. marc has already provided us with the uber-gorge image of helen's-hair-and-glasses that you see at the top of this page, and now you'll be able to see all my foibles, flaws, and (i can't think of an f-word for being horribly judgmental about what people are wearing) committed to image. don't think of them as comic strips. think of them as graphic novellas.

i've been assured that i will be joined in the strip by a cadre of wisecracking anthropomorphic sidekicks (swoon), including a cellphone that channels the spirit of karl lagerfeld, and a smartass grapefruit-curd tart with an anger-management problem.

lest you do not believe that this is actually going to happen, feast your eyes on this sneak preview of The Tart, who as yet does not have a name. feel free to suggest potential names in the form of hilarious puns on the words "grapefruit," "curd," and/or "i jealous-hate you SO much for having a comic strip being made about your blog" down there in the comments.



update: no, dearest. The Tart is not holding a jewish flag. The Tart is holding the flag of The Equation To Determine The Circumference Or Something Of An Ellipsis.

13 comments:

bots! said...

"fashionista"

helen said...

"fashionista" is not really something you possess so much as it is something you are.

also i'm not one, really. i'm not skinny enough. maybe i'm two.

meredith said...

question: hello, who is awesome?
answer: helen. helen is awesome.

now in spanish:

pregunta: hola, quien es fantastico?
respuesta: helen. helen es fantastico.

-j. said...

This is the most brilliant thing I think I have ever been fortunate enough to anticipate witnessing.

Also, the tart's name should be Curd Vonnegut. Thank you.

Fishman said...

Ok, I'm the cartoonist, and I have to double the vote for Curd Vonnegut. That's near perfect. I was also thinking since the tart will be aptly tart to helen, we could call him Bobby Flan.

joe said...

Well, i had a comic strip about me in 2nd grade. charlie and i wrote it. we were jedi. So hah.

Marcin said...

How about a link to a site that has cartoons by this artist bloke?

Also, I like the word 'flange.' That may be of some use to you all.

Another thing: if Helen isn't writing the scripts for this thing, I am unlikely to enjoy it. One reason why I am more likely to enjoy it is that I have more chance of bribing Helen to put me in it. Speaking of which, is there anything that you need from England or Germany, Helen?

bots! said...

I didn't know there was a weight class for fashionistas.

The Artists Known as Fishman said...

Artist here. If you add me as a friend on myspace, you can see most of my cartoons. Helen's link in the post will take you there. As far as writing the strip, well, they are Helen inspired and Helen directed, so if you want to be in one Marcel, make her write some witty banter about you, and maybe you'll show up! :)

Marcin said...

Hey Fishface, I don't myspace, and I don't deal with people who can't copy-and-paste my name correctly, if they don't have the cognitive faculties to actually read a word and type it out. F**k off.

Marc Fishman said...

I apologize Marcin. My cognative abilities are certainly not at your level, and I meant no harm in spelling your name. In my haste to be friendly I made a mistake, and I have obviously pushed your buttons. Your anger might be a bit misplaced in this situation, and I'll refrain from turning Helen's comment board into a "flame war" zone. I am sorry for offending you by suggesting you lower yourself to use myspace. I will go back to my drawing board now, and refrain from commenting ever again, for fear I might tap the wrong key again, and anger you to the point of obscenity.

Marcin said...

Thanks, your co-operation in this matter is appreciated.

White Chocolate said...

Can there be a character called Marcel, the Misanthropic Dingleberry?