8.30.2007

sharing the wealth

i bought a lottery ticket today for the first time in my life. this is because if i win, i will win $325,000,000, which is - technically speaking - a crapload of money. when i was discussing with the boyfriend whether this was a wise investment of a dollar, he said with decisive certainty that the odds of me winning are one in one hundred thousand, and because he invests things as his profession and therefore is much more aware of financial matters than i am, i believed him.

i would like to take this opportunity to officially say: booyah. he was wrong. the odds are totally not one in a hundred thousand. they are one in one hundred and seventy-five thousand. but i appreciate his optimism.

in fact, i am so swayed by this optimism that i make this promise: if i am the recipient of these extraordinary millions of dollars, i will fulfill the unfulfilled-childhood-wish of your choice (such as being bought a pony or going to disneyland) for each person who specifies his or her wish in the comments before tomorrow night's drawing.

this has the potential to be incredibly awesome, folks. let's get on board.

11 comments:

RW said...

My wish has always been for someone to give me $325,000,000.

Cunning Linguist said...

my wish was always to beat up a kid named RW and get away with $325,000,000.

Ok, all joking aside. I don't think I have an actual childhood "wish". Can you just pay somebody smart to take care of my blog for a week or two to make it look like I have something good to say? That'd be fine with me.

Marcin said...

My childhood wish was, if I recall, to travel in space. However, that remains inconvenient, so I'll accept the cash equivalent. This I plan to use to buy a) a house in London b) a decent engagement ring. These are my adult wishes.

Little Bill said...

I always dreamt of a '67 Mustang Fastback. Ever since seeing the movie Bullitt with Steve McQueen.

-j. said...

To be a robot. That's okay, though, I don't think I want that any more.

Unless it's a really cool robot.

Mace said...

My childhood wish was to be a dancer, so maybe you could fund my year off of work to go to Spain and study Flamenco 24/7?

nadir said...

the one childhood wish i had more than any other was to convert a garbage truck to a sort of amphibious machine that i could drive/sail/wtfever over to cuba and depose castro with the nuclear warhead i grifted away from some unsuspecting military personal. i had it all mapped out in 3rd grade, well everything except how to drive.

so yeah, i would be cool with that.

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I WANT TO HAVE SOMEONE SHIT ON ME

a lady said...

forget a pony: I always wanted a purebred dutch warmblood, because I was a dressage freak. now I'm just a dress freak, but I'd still take a horse.

or a stradivarius, should you feel so inclined.

Kat said...

Pony, please, and a ranch with a yard to put him in.