10.01.2007

helen desires a literary tabloid

I finally got around today to looking at last week's issue of the New Yorker, but all I really got to glance at before arriving at work this morning was that there is a piece by Philip Roth called "Age Makes a Difference."

I got really psyched because I thought it might be a meditation on life with his much-younger girlfriend, who I heard somewhere (I have no idea where I heard this, but be assured I perpetuate this rumor like it's my job) he poached from wonder-filled (and wunderkind) writer Benjamin Kunkel, author of one of my Least Favorite Books Of 2005, Indecision.

Instead it is basically about how his characters all have prostate issues and erectile dysfunction. So, letdown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee hee. "erectile dysfunction." "letdown." hee hee.