4.10.2008

cakemail

I just got emailed a recipe for pecan-bourbon bundt cake.

I have given this some thought, and I have decided that I would prefer it if I had just been emailed the actual cake. I mean really. Someone needs to invent cake-emailing technology. Why do we not have this technology? We have the technology for facebook to tell the entire world that I just browsed a rifonkingdiculous pair of wedges that I would like to own very very much and make me wish my birthday were next week instead of in whatever infinity of months away it actually is. (note: 9. other note: I had to count that out on my hands.) We have this very annoying and useless and invasive technology. SO WHY IS IT THAT WE DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO EMAIL SOMEONE A CAKE?

I ASK YOU THIS. WHAT IS THE DEAL, PEOPLE? WHERE THE HELL ARE OUR PRIORITIES.

In unrelated news, I have not eaten lunch yet. Also, perhaps in a future post, I will talk about how much I like the consonant placement in the word "bundt."

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I also want those shoes. And cake-emailing technology. Two things I did not realize I wanted until today. Alas.

-j. said...

Can't currently find it on the intertubes, but there was a "Daily Show" segment wherein Stephen Colbert tried to convince a venture capitalist to advance him money so that he (Colbert) could devise a system to send chocolate cake over fiber optic cable.

"This is fiber optic, which is the future; this is chocolate cake, which is delicious."

Gwen said...

Are you doing the Cook's Illustrated testing? If so, I got the same recipe, or a variation on it. All the previous recipes they sent me were either overly complicated (grilling outdoors in March) or didn't sound very tasty, but I think I may actually make this one.

xopjesse said...

Cakemail doesn't exist for the simple reason that I would never leave the house if it did.