9.04.2008

Speaking of Internalized Notions

I vet user reviews. Here is one that I rejected:

Africans' don't have the same customer service expectations as Westerners, and they have not internalized the notion that "time is money", hence they are not as speedy and efficient. Those who dine out a lot are going to be disappointed if they expect the same level of service as they get elsewhere. You have to be very patient if you want to enjoy this place there is a big cultural divide to overcome. I think the staff has to be retrained, with new waiters and some better focus all around.
People. Why must people suck so much?

2 comments:

Cunning_Linguist said...

Wow...... just....wowwwwwww.

Rococo Cocoa is Joe said...

my favorite part is the use of Africans'. I can imagine that person saying "Africanses don't have the same customer service expectations as Westerners...."