10.15.2008

Marisha Pessl Doesn't Look Like That

Let's ignore for a moment that it has been nearly two years since I expounded on my distaste for Marisha Pessl, and that therefore this little kernel of resentment for someone I have never ever met has burned within me for far longer than is unembarrassing. This is important news: I have recently learned that the author photo on her novel, published when she ws 27, was taken when she was in college.

I'm not sure if it's the schadenfreude or the parallels with assholic online dating behavior or what, but suddenly I feel all happy and shiny about the world.

4 comments:

the slackmistress said...

It's nice to know we hate for the same reasons, although I didn't even bother reading the book.

Cunning_Linguist said...

On the fact that she has a cat named Fellini alone I despise her.

Gwen said...

I think your dislike of Pessl is part of why I started reading your blog, because I also hate her. Also, I didn't comment at the time, but my friend's younger brother once decided he wanted to draw pictures of Mario and Luigi, so he looked for ones on the internet to copy, and I believe the site he found is the one you linked to in your original post of dislike. It was quite a shock to his mother.

Ben Wolfson said...

Awful book.