1.26.2009

That Time of the Month

When I get PMSy I crave meaty flavors like nobody's business. I have actually considered, with excitement, the notion of pureeing a steak and drinking it down.

Given that, here is what I had for dinner tonight:

Green beans.
Sauteed in olive oil with 6 cloves of garlic.
Then steamed in a half-cup of demi-glace.
With some truffle salt.
Finished, at the end, with a quarter-cup of freshly grated parmigiano.
Let's play Spot The Umami! I inhaled the entire thing within the time it took my phone to email this picture to my computer.


I know it looks gross but YOU DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND how that was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my life. I actually licked the bowl once I was done, and then I felt embarrassed about that, and then I wrote about it on the internet.

2 comments:

Paully said...

That actually sounds fucking delicious.

Pam said...

God, I'm so with you. I just cooked up a bag of brussel sprouts with about half a pound of bacon - definitely makes the brussel sprouts more palatable!