1.20.2009

'Twilight': A Textural Analysis of the Sub-Altern

My brother is in college. One of the courses his school is offering this semester? On Vampires and Violent Vixens: Making the Monster through Discourses of Gender and Sexuality.

It is my understanding that there is no prerequisite of having a purple-and-glitter themed livejournal account, though extra credit might be offered. One of the required readings is Twilight, which makes me keel over with laughter and an absence of hope for the youth of tomorrow.

On the other hand, the main textbook is City of Dreadful Delight: Narratives of Sexual Danger in Late-Victorian London, which I kind of want to be reading right this second.

2 comments:

consumatron said...

Oh, but just imagine the future where everyone lusts to just hold hands with their natural enemies.

It's some kind of ass backwards smurf village hippie fest come to life. And to think, it all started with Nosferatu.

Kat said...

It is my deep hope that one day I will teach a class whose title and subject matter are so ridiculous that you are compelled to blog about them.