2.17.2009

Nail Polish Transcends Class

I'm watching tonight's new episode of SVU and when Finn asks to see a stripper's fingernails, she holds them out and says "ballet slipper with a top coat of marshmallow."

Which, hey, is the exact shade combination that the faux-Vogue-employed daughter of a prominent New York restaurateur chirps is "the perfect pink!" before flitting off into secondary characterland in the book version of The Devil Wears Prada.

So why do these facts live in my brain? Couldn't tell you. But that kind of popcult ephemera-connection ability is why they pay me the big bucks, people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness your brain is a crazy place. i might want to build a summer home there.

EL said...

I recognized the color combination from the book immediately, as soon as I read the first part of your post. So... yeah, no idea what can be said about our brains. It sometimes seems like useless knowledge is easier to remember than useful knowledge.

Blogger said...

I've just installed iStripper, so I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.