7.14.2010

:(

Is anyone else out there just sort of stunned and saddened that the subtitle of the new Cats & Dogs movie is "The Revenge of Kitty Galore"? Was this necessary? I get the whole "let's put some wink wink nudge jokes into the kiddie movie so the parents get a laugh too" thing, but this feels a wee bit excessive? And why hasn't whoever owns the rights to Pussy Galore sued the pants off of Warner Brothers? I refuse to believe the estates of Ian Fleming or Albert Broccoli or whoever signed off on this. ALSO: I dislike that if I ever see this movie (which god willing will not ever happen), I will spend the entire time looking at this main villain cat and thinking "VAGINA."

1 comment:

Marcin said...

Rights expire. Generations lose sentimental attachment, and cash in while they can.